General Accounting Administrator
Unimech is one of the fastest growing mechanical contractors in the Calgary area specializing in commercial and institutional construction. We are looking to continue the healthy growth of our company with the addition of a General Accounting Administrator to our office team.
The General Accounting Administrator provides accounting and administrative support to our group of companies.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to, the day-to-day accounting and administration of our office. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of managing large volumes of transactions and be accustomed to working in a fast-paced, high energy, hands-on environment. The General Accounting Administrator must be flexible and adaptable to meet changing needs and workplace challenges.
- Post day-to-day accounts payable bills and credit card expenses.
- Maintain and update accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Assist in ad hoc AR and AP reporting.
- Create and maintain professional relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Prepare the progress billing for current running jobs.
- Process AP cheque/EFT run to ensure account status.
- Assist the Controller with Bank and Credit Card Statement reconciliations.
- Process biweekly payroll and post applicable journal entries.
- Prioritize tasks and projects and workflows change.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist Project Managers with project tracking.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar accounting role.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills,interpersonal skills,and an ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite,with strong MS Excel skill is an asset.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop is an asset.