The Journeyman is responsible for following the orders and instructions of the Foreman, Site Supervisor, or identified superior and coordinating with Helpers and Apprentices on the project site. The Journeyman executes the optimum implementation, completes the highest quality installation, sets an esteemed example, and informs and promotes the Unimech culture and process. Their responsibilities may include delegating, supervising, supporting, or executing those of the Installer or Helper.
- Handling a variety of emergencies and installations efficiently and professionally.
- Installing or replacing pipes, parts, drainage systems, sinks, toilets, heating, and cooling systems; or supervising the Installer in these installations.
- Locating complex problems in installed systems.
- Offering or directing product or process improvement ideas to their superior or other Journeymen.
- Delegating, supervising, supporting, or undertaking the responsibilities of the Installer and Helper.
- Reviewing and directing the down-channel communications (from Foremen, Site Supervisor, or identified superior) to Apprentices and Helpers.
- Reading and interpreting IFT/IFC drawings and shop drawings to assess or plan installations and layouts.
- High School or Equivalent
- Class 5 License
- Fall Arrest & Lift Training
- Plumbing Trade Certificate
- Gasfitter - Class B Trade Certificate